Department of Mechanical Engineering (Bachelor of Engineering)
Mechanical engineering is a discipline of engineering that applies the principles of physics and materials science for analysis, design, manufacturing, and maintenance of mechanical systems. It is the branch of engineering that involves the production and usage of heat and mechanical power for the design, production, and operation of machines and tools. It is one of the oldest and broadest engineering disciplines.
The profession of Mechanical Engineering, second largest among engineering disciplines, involves the design, analysis, and manufacturing of machines. Central to the profession is the importance of innovation and creating new technologies and products. Mechanical engineers work in teams involved in designing jet engines; automobiles; aircrafts and spacecrafts; microelectromachanical acceleration and pressure sensors; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems; biomedical and biomechanical devices as artificial hip implants; and such integrated mechanical and electronic (mechatronic) systems as robots.
Mechanical engineers are employed by small start-ups, multinational corporations, government agencies, national laboratories, consulting firms, and universities. They can work in areas of research, design, manufacturing, sales, quality assurance or management.
• Auto CAD & CATIA, PRO-E (Wild Fire 3)
• HMT Lathe machine
• Automatic Lathe machine
• Oil fired tilting furnace
• Surface roughness tester
• Tester Diesel engine with electrical dynamometer test rig
• Centrifugal blower test rig
• CNC Milling & Lathe Machine
• Audio visual facility for various manufacturing processes
• NETEL Make Smoke Meter
• Computerized I.C. Engine Test Rig with Eddy current Dynamometer
• Departmental Library
List of Laboratories
• Theory of Machines Lab
• Fluid Mechanics
• Heat Transfer Lab
• Mechanical Measurement Lab
• Engineering Metallurgy Lab
• Metrology Lab
• Thermal Engg Lab
• Computer Lab
• CAD lab
• Material Science Lab
Strengths of the Department
• Academic calendar is strictly followed.
• Well-equipped laboratories . Laboratory equipment are fully utilized.
• Good Number of Book Publications.
• Faculty members have published papers in International Journals/ National Journals / conferences.
• A good working atmosphere -Both teaching and non-teaching staff members go out of the way to cooperate. with each other while attending to different responsibilities.
• Support from Director & Management for research activities and deputation of faculty for higher studies like PhD under QIP, seminars, workshops and other such events.
• Faculty participates effectively for making decisions on academic issues.
• Qualified, competent and hard working faculty with a positive attitude.
• Prescribed university syllabus is covered within the time.
• Course files along with course outcomes and detailed course plans are maintained by the subject teacher.